pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Feature request: multiple selections in task list

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Feature request: multiple selections in task list
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 07:21:17 +0000 (UTC)

Duncan posted on Tue, 30 Apr 2013 07:11:47 +0000 as excerpted:

>> - No Sent Items: messages that you send are not kept anywhere, unless
>> you manually save them as a draft before sending, so if you post a
>> message and it gets eaten by the receiving news server, it is gone
>> forever;
>
> That's in git-pan too, implemented along with drafts as a "pseudo-
> group".  However, unlike drafts, the sent pseudo-group actually works.
> (Or at least it has for several months, now.  Just checking it, it seems
> the last couple messages I posted appear, but unlike previous messages
> aren't marked as cached, and clicking on them doesn't display them, so
> either there's a fresh bug of only a few days at most, or there's a
> perhaps longer existing bug whereby pan doesn't actually see them as
> cached until a restart, I don't know which...  But the feature is there
> and /has/ been working.)

Looks like the latter... (git-)pan shows sent messages in the sent pseudo-
group, but doesn't show them as "cached" and won't let you actually read
them until a pan restart.

So the feature's there and working, but there are still minor bugs in it
to work out.  (One that was recently fixed was that the next-group and
next-unread-group functions would go to the local pseudo-groups and get
"stuck" there.  One would have to actually click on a different group to
get out of the hole, as next-group/next-unread-group wouldn't move out of
the pseudo-groups once it was there.  But that was fixed by excluding
them from the list of groups that the next-(unread-)group functions could
see and navigate to.  So the bugs in the new features are being fixed...
it's just taking a bit of time.)