pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Attn Andrew, Steve - report on your versions of 0.140

From: Dick Baker
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Attn Andrew, Steve - report on your versions of 0.140
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 08:52:30 -0800

Aha, then it does appear to be my fault. I just presumed that gmane.comp.gnome.apps.pan.user *looks* like any other newsgroup in a newsreader it would behave like one, i.e., that one could post with a newsreader or with email. My apologies to all.

Dick Baker posted on Tue, 23 Dec 2014 10:48:42 -0800 as excerpted:

> Is the Pan newsgroup working properly?  I keep getting error messages
> and/or failed sends when trying to respond to this note within Pan.  I'm
> sending this instead via the email/listserv interface.

I don't know the context in which that question and comments are made,
but...

* This is technically a pan "mailing list", not a newsgroup.  In native/
normal usage, you'd use your mail client (or browser with a web-hosted
email service) to send post to it.

Meanwhile...

* It's entirely possible you had some other context in mind with your
"newsgroup" reference, and weren't referring to this list as it appears
as a newsgroup on gmane, at all.  In that case, some clarification of
context may be in order...