paragui-dev

Re: [paragui-dev] want to add paragui

From: andy uehara
Subject: Re: [paragui-dev] want to add paragui
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 04:46:41 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry, I didn't look at the stdout.txt file before, the problem was that I didn't have a theme file with all the accompaning pictures in that folder. So it seg. faulted when it couldn't find the theme. Perhaps a nice exit(1) or something should be added to nicely shut down?

still have a few problems, but now I know where to look. Just for your records I am using the 1.0.1 themes default and simple the only program to not work is doublebuffer. but that's probably because it's missing dblbuffer.xml (you are missing this on your linux1.0.1 tar.gz)

Other then that I should hopefully be adding something to your applications list soon. Now. you know mingw32 works with paragui. (only 1.0.1 though) so you might want to relase some windows .dlls for 1.0.1 version.

andy

 ps. Looks very nice, I'm excited about adding a nice looking GUI, I was using GUILib before.

  andy uehara <address@hidden> wrote:

I finally cross-compiled SDL_image.

Now I have a problem with paragui. I manged to cross-compile paragui1.0.1, but not paragui1.0.0. mostly due to the differences in src/physfs/platform.c (like pthreads and a few others).

Using paragui1.0.1 I built all of the test programs into exe's. (incidently: a few need to have int main(int argc,char* argv[]) otherwise when cross-compiling you get an undefined error to SDL_main) When I run them on my windows 2000 machine I get these errors:

ParaGUI:animation.exe -Application Error

The instruction at "0x0040bc93" referenced meomory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".

I get this for all of them, except paratest.exe, which fails to even run.

I am using SDL 1.2.3 and SDL_image 1.2.1,

zlib-1.1.3 and the others (needed for SDL_image at www.libsdl.org/Xmingw32, sorry their include files don't have a version to them).

freetype-2.0.9, expat 1.95.1

I also downloaded the paragui 1.0.0win32zip, that bin/test.exe seems to work fine.

I am guessing this might have to do with the fPIC (g++ flag for position independent code, used for generating dynamic libraries.) since all the programs are having memory address problems. (especially 0x00000000).

Any ideas? I am willing to help fix, but I am just a beginner.

andy

  Andrew Ford <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Andy,
I don't know if anyone has been cross-compiling it,
perhaps Alex did when he built for his embedded app.
Is it possible to use the windows binary libs when you
cross-compile? I know that both SDL_image and paragui
have downloadable binary builds for windows. Another
thing you might consider if you're running windows at
all is compiling with cygwin or mingwin, the two ports
of the GNU dev-tools to windows. Have you asked about
cross-compiling on the SDL-list?

Andrew.