paragui-dev

Build systems (Re: [paragui-dev] one more thing..)

From: Asko Kauppi
Subject: Build systems (Re: [paragui-dev] one more thing..)
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 09:36:24 +0300

Hmm.. no-one I know of likes autotools.. :)

In fact, I wrote a build system of my own (Hamster, based on Lua scripting & SCons API) just so I didn't need to use it! M;D

If you (or anyone on the list) wants a make-replacement that's completely scriptable, lightwight (well, if you have Lua.. :!) and easy to use, have a look: http://luaforge.net/projects/hamster

But for projects s.a. ParaGUI sticking to auto* is probably the right thing to do..

-ak