pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] I'm Back at last

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] I'm Back at last
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 17:16:44 -0600

    I usually use the underscore
    convention for C source files just because there is a tradition to use

In GNU, the tradition is the opposite: we typically use dashes in
filenames, not underscores.  This has been the case since rms
implemented the first GNU programs.  (Of course, there are GNU packages
that use _'s; we don't insist on such a minor detail.)

As I recall, the original reason is because _ needs the shift key and -
doesn't :) (typically).

Anyway, I suggest GNU PDF follow this and use -'s in filenames.  There
is no portability problem with it.

karl