pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] I'm Back at last

From: gerel
Subject: [pdf-devel] I'm Back at last
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 20:06:02 -0300

Hey everyone,

Sorry for my delay but univ got me busy :-(

So I'm supposed to be developing the error management module from the base
layer.  Before starting I'd like to ask some (unrelated) questions.

1. Can we set a file name convention for sources ?. I thought of something like:

   pdf_<layer-name>_<module-name>.[ch]

   Or maybe we could make a directory for each layer and just use
   pdf_<module-name>.[ch], whatever.

2. Regarding the stream module on the base layer. If I got it right, the idea is
   to implement streams on top of some buffer, be it a socket, memory, file,
   etc, (also pdf stream objects are based on them), they are system
   independent, etc. Now, I guess one use would be to read documents suppose
   over a socket using a stream with no filters. Could that be a case ?

3. For pdf_error I'm considering writing wrappers for those functions available
   on lib/error.c and to write new ones for gnupdf as needed. OTOH, I'm pretty
   new on the project to know which error types should be added. I guess we
   should analyse each module on each layer and decide from there, don't you ?

BTW, jemarch (and all who contributed), you did a very nice work for the gnupdf
Architecture documents. They seriously lack on most of the projects I've been.

-gerel