pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] 3D in pdf - any plans?

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] 3D in pdf - any plans?
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 14:53:07 +0100

Hello.

   did anyone take a look at the 3D features that appeared in pdf 1.6
   and 1.7?  Is there any chance that they will be supported by gnupdf
   (in however remote the future) or they are not accepted in
   principle (too vendor-propriate, not inline with the original PDF
   intent, there are no 3D people around, etc)?

Our objective is to implement the entire PDF specification. That
includes 3D support. We will eventually need to face this issue, but
right now we not specific plans for the 3D implementation.