pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Testing pdf.h.

From: gerel
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Testing pdf.h.
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 18:10:06 -0300

 > Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 19:53:23 +0100
 > From: Aleksander Morgado <address@hidden>
 >

 > > ###
 > > In file included from test.c:2:
 > > /usr/local/include/pdf.h:159:27: error: gl_array_list.h: No such file or
 > > directory
 > > In file included from test.c:2:
 > > /usr/local/include/pdf.h:359: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list
 > > before
 > > ‘gl_list_t’
 > > /usr/local/include/pdf.h:446: error: expected declaration specifiers or
 > > ‘...’
 > > before ‘FILE’
 > > ##
 > >
 > > If gl_array_list.h is carried within the library sources I'm not sure if it
 > > should be included in the library public interface pdf.h.
 >
 > At least the definition of `gl_list_t' (in gl_list.h) is needed in
 > pdf.h. I don't think it's a good idea to include the full header from
 > gnulib within the pdf.h file.
 >
 > How about redefining the contents of `struct pdf_stm_s' to avoid using
 > gl_list_t? As this type is a pointer, we could use (void *) instead for
 > the `read_filter_list' and `write_filter_list' variables. Another option
 > could be to use (void *) instead of `pdf_stm_t' directly.

If you ask me the RIGHT thing to do is to include the types needed into pdf.h
(since the list library will be compiled inside libgnupdf.so, thus is part of
libgnupdf).
Now for simplicity or whatever, a (void *) declaration would be ok I guess.

 > Including in pdf.h the real definition of gl_list_t coming from
 > gl_list.h would imply modifying the original file, what I also don't
 > think is a good idea taken into account that it comes from `gnulib-tool
 > import'.

I don't get what you mean here :-)

 > > Moreover, has anyone tried that test succesufully ?
 > >

 > Never did an installation of the package before. I am testing the
 > software directly with new Check suites in the torture chamber.

I need to get familiar with the torture chamber yet :-)

regards,

-gerel