pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Compiling for windows

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Compiling for windows
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 21:57:01 +0200

   I started the development of FS#15 (Windows host encoding support),
   and found a small problem in the pdf-stm-file.c file: S_IRGRP and
   S_IROTH are not defined in windows (no way to deal with permissions
   for group or others).

Well, it seems we have reached the point where we should introduce
conditional compilation depending on the plattform.

To use generic code able to compile in all plattform may be a solution
for this specific issue, but we will surely find situations where we
will need to use code A for one plattform and code B for another
plattform.

We need some kind of preprocessor definitions determining the host
plattform.

   After correcting this bug everything compiles correctly with mingw32
   cross-compiling.

Please dont commit this patch. Lets solve the problem in a general way
instead.

--
Jose E. Marchesi  <address@hidden>
                  <address@hidden>