pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Compiling for windows

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Compiling for windows
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 20:48:55 +0200

   > We need some kind of preprocessor definitions determining the host
   > plattform.

   At least for the text module, I was using these lines to check if the
   host OS was WIN32 (in a similar way as done within the modules imported
   from gnulib):

   #if defined _WIN32 || defined __WIN32__
     #define WIN32_NATIVE
   #endif

That approach is good, but what we want is to define WIN32_NATIVE only
once. I think that the pdf-types.h file would be a good place: it is
included by all the source files in the library.

What do you think?

   >    After correcting this bug everything compiles correctly with mingw32
   >    cross-compiling.
   >
   > Please dont commit this patch. Lets solve the problem in a general way
   > instead.

   IMHO this change should not depend on the platform itself, but in the
   availability of the flags, which is the thing being checked.

But your patch didnt check for the available parameters for open, but
used a subset usable in both plattforms. The Right Thing(TM) to do is
to check for the existing flavor of `open' in configure time.