pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Text module unit tests failing

From: Aleksander Morgado
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Text module unit tests failing
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 17:46:27 +0200

>  > We need to know which is the correct LANG and COUNTRY of the user in the
>  > text module, as a PDF string can contain that information embedded. What
>  > we could do is just assume it to be "en_US" if none available.
>  >
>  > We also need to know the 'host encoding' of the user from the locale. If
>  > none available, we could assume it to be UTF-8.
>  >
>  > But I don't usually like to make assumptions. It's probably better to
>  > return an error code so that the user knows that the locale is not
>  > correctly set.
>  >

> I'd make the assumptions (en_US.UTF-8), and replace the error for a warning,
> telling the user about it. What do you think ?

Remember that the library won't print any message when compiled for
'release'. The printed warnings/errors are just for development
purposes, so the user won't get any 'printed' message from libgnupdf.
Instead of that, we return an error code to the program using the
library and calling pdf_text_init(), so that when it gets the error code
 it can print whatever message depending on the value.

-Aleksander