pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Text module unit tests failing

From: Aleksander Morgado
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Text module unit tests failing
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 12:21:38 +0200

Do that means that the initialization of the text module will fail if
LC_ALL= C or LC_ALL = POSIX?

To have such locale configured is quite common. We should be able to

C and POSIX are perhaps the two most common locales and i may be wrong of
course but i thought they were VALID locales?  I don't mean to suggest any
extra work for anyone, but at the very least the unit tests should report
the particular tests were unable to run.  Most machines i have worked on
had the locale set to C.  Do ALL the unit test really depend on the locale
not being C or am i misunderstanding something?

Not all of them fail, just the tests of the Text module.

We could maybe assume a default host encoding (utf-8?), a default language (en?) and a default country (uk? us?) when such a locale is found; and return the PDF_EBADLOCALE error/warning in pdf_text_init() so that the user of the library can issue the corresponding warning.

-Aleksander