pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Re: about the licence

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Re: about the licence
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 23:32:44 +0100

   > that's the point, we don't want to release under the GPL.

   And that's the point here too -- releasing the library under the GPL
   is an incentive for application developers (and other library
   developers, FWIW) to release their work under the GPL.

   I am not a GNU PDF maintainer/developer so my opinion is by definition
   not authoritative, but I hope (and believe) that this library will
   never be relicensed under a weak copyleft license such as LGPL.

We are absolutely determined to use the licensing which will best
support the freedom of the users of the library, and by extension the
freedom of the users of applications using the library. That is the
reason we decided to use a strong copyleft license, and it is a fact
that is not going to change in the future.

Additionally, in order to strength the application of the license, all
the code is copyrighted by the Free Software Foundation.