pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] Re: about the licence

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: [pdf-devel] Re: about the licence
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 00:53:42 +0200

Martin Schröder wrote:
> > Using the word "consumers" here
>
> Customers would be a better term.

I don't see the difference, honestly.  I don't consider myself a
customer of glibc, Guile or Emacs.  If you're talking about commercial
software, the GPL is perfectly fine for that.

(I would bite the bullet and say that it is _much_ better than
non-copyleft licenses, as it encourages fair competition.)

> I'm talking about developers releasing code which uses GNUpdf.

I'm talking about that too.  Nobody forces you as a developer to use
this particular library.  As a developer, you decide what to use and
how.  So talking about "force" here is entirely out of place.

> And nobody is forced to develope software using GNUpdf, right.

If this is some kind of a sarcastic comment that the library is
currently useless -- well, it is.  That's irrelevant to the discussion
at hand, though.