pengfork-devel

[Pengfork-devel] [ 101524 ] configuration file??

From: nobody
Subject: [Pengfork-devel] [ 101524 ] configuration file??
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 07:54:45 -0500

Support Request #101524, was updated on 2002-Nov-13 00:07
You can respond by visiting:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=101524&group_id=2708

Category: None

By: chupa
Date: 2002-Nov-13 13:54
Logged In: YES
user_id=9890
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 Galeon/1.2.5 (X11; Linux i586; U;) Gecko/20020623
Debian/1.2.5-0.woody.1

Hi Laura,

To make pengfork working:
- be sure tun/tap driver is compiled in your kernel (or as
module), and that device /dev/net/tun or /dev/tun exists
- copy doc/pengfork-sample.cfg -> /etc/pengfork/pengfork.cfg
- copy doc/ip-up.sample -> /etc/pengfork/ip-up
- be sure /etc/pengfork/ip-up is executable

In your config file you should modify:
- use_screen_name to point to the good screen_name/password pair
- screen_namex and passwordx to your AOL account values
(obviously replace x with the value you put in use_screen_name)
- (optionnal) change debug_level from 0 to 10 depending on
the verbosity you want
- (optionnal) modem_device if your modem is not at /dev/modem
- (optionnal) initstr[1-9] if your modem needs special init
string
- phone is the AOL phone number to use
- (not shown in the sample but could be useful) server_login
is normally aol but could be aolnet, server_pass is normally
aol but could be A0L2aNet

Do not forget to delete the # comment character before each
line you modify in the config file.
To launch pengfork just launch pengfork or ./pengfork
depending if you made a make install or not.

And you're right Peng documentation and config file have
nothing to do with pengfork...

Cheers,
JC

By: peng