perlpanel-devel

[Perlpanel-devel] New applet: WeatherWatch

From: Thomas
Subject: [Perlpanel-devel] New applet: WeatherWatch
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 09:43:16 -0500

Well, after several weekends slowly learning just how much Perl I didn't know,
I have finished an initial version of my WeatherWatch applet.  It can be
retrieved from
http://www.rit.edu/~tfs1812/cgi-bin/document.pl?document=weatherwatch along
with installation and usage instructions, or you may download the tarball
directly if you are feeling adventurous:
http://www.rit.edu/~tfs1812/WeatherWatch-0.1.tar.gz

Currently it relies on Gtk2::Html2 to display the current weather information,
which is not officially release, but you can download a Debian package, or
Debian's source backup from
http://packages.debian.org/experimental/perl/libgtk2-html2-perl or you can
get it out of the CVS server at http://gtk2-perl.sourceforge.net/

I am sure there are plenty of C++isms in the code, and places I could have
done things in a simpler, more Perlish way, but it works for me.

Thomas Stephens
address@hidden