perlpanel-devel

Re: [Perlpanel-devel] PerlPanel 0.8.1 (CVS)

From: Jason Brian Friedrich
Subject: Re: [Perlpanel-devel] PerlPanel 0.8.1 (CVS)
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 18:18:02 +0100

On 11/25/2004 05:13 PM Gavin Brown wrote::

>> i grabbed a copy from CVS a few minutes ago, almost everything
>> works fine, just the panel is not recognized from openbox when i
>> maximize a window and the panel is not 'expanded'
>
> Do you mean, that when you maximise a window, the window doesn't stop at
> the edge of the panel? Or that the panel is always on top? The first is
> a feature, the second a bug.

The fist one, that the windows does not stop on the edge of the
panel. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I hoped that it would be
configurable if the windows should stop at the edge or not. Would
be a nice feature.

>> I also get the following messages in the xterm while running the panel in
>> 'non-expanded mode'.
>>
>> xscreensaver: 21:25:03: 0: unrecognised ClientMessage
>> "_NET_WM_STATE" received
>> xscreensaver: 21:25:03: 0: for window 0x6000ce (perlpanel /
>> Perlpanel)

OK, if it is just warning its fine. What is about the icons in
the panel? Dou plan to make it configurable which size they have?
perhaps the same size than the panel. Would be also nice. A 12px
panel does not match very well to 24 or 48px big icons ;).

Jason