perlpanel-devel

Re: [Perlpanel-devel] PerlPanel 0.8.1 (CVS)

From: Gavin Brown
Subject: Re: [Perlpanel-devel] PerlPanel 0.8.1 (CVS)
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:05:07 +0000

> >> i grabbed a copy from CVS a few minutes ago, almost everything
> >> works fine, just the panel is not recognized from openbox when i
> >> maximize a window and the panel is not 'expanded'
> >
> > Do you mean, that when you maximise a window, the window doesn't stop at
> > the edge of the panel? Or that the panel is always on top? The first is
> > a feature, the second a bug.
>
> The fist one, that the windows does not stop on the edge of the
> panel.

OK, I've added an option in the configurator to control that. And I've
fixed the other bug too.

I've added quite a few nifty features to PerlPanel this morning - most
notably that you can drag-and-drop launchers to and from the panel. No
drag-and-drop of launchers to move them, however. That's planned for the
future though.

> OK, if it is just warning its fine. What is about the icons in
> the panel? Dou plan to make it configurable which size they have?
> perhaps the same size than the panel. Would be also nice. A 12px
> panel does not match very well to 24 or 48px big icons ;).

When I was doing the first round of changes for 0.8.1 (will now be
0.9.0) I removed the menu icon size option. I'm still not keen on
reinstating it, to be honest. If you look at the GNOME panel, the size
of the icons in the menus is fixed and not dependent on the size of the
panel.

If there's enough of a consensus that people want to be able to control
the size of the icons in their menus, I may reinstate this feature, but
I'm disinclined to put a control into the Configurator dialog.

Gavin.

--
Gavin Brown
e: address@hidden