pgubook-readers

[Pgubook-readers] Chapt 6 - p. 104 - Missing program?

From: Mark Schmid
Subject: [Pgubook-readers] Chapt 6 - p. 104 - Missing program?
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 18:13:53 +0200

Sorry for writing again, I know I'm pestering
this list with my questions. - Goes to show
how good and important it is to HAVE a mail list
as this!
:-)

Hope I'm not wearing your patience thin!

Anyway, in Chapter 6 I have a non-code-bug problem:
On page 104, after the source listing of the "write.records.s"
program it says the following after 2-3 paragraphs:
Quote:
-------------------------
To build the application, run the commands:

as write-records.s -o write-record.o
as write-record.s -o write-record.o
ld write-record.o write-records.o -o write-records
--------------------------
END: Quote

WHAT am I missing here?
The ONLY program source listed in this chapter and
book so far is "write-records.s"!!
There is NO program called "write-record.s"!
Or if there is, where is it???
Before "write-records.s", there are two source listings,
but these seem not to be programs, just listings of
functions which are repeated a few pages later as the
actual program to type in.
Also, the quoted text above MUST be wrong, even IF there
is a program "write-record.s" (which I can't find in my
book), because it creates the object file "write-record.o"
twice, which would overwrite one of them, wouldn't it?

What am I missing here?

Sorry if this is a stupid question.
Please post any answers to the list so it's
archived - I'm O.K. with looking stupid. ;-)
I'm probably just all *blind* from all this new kind
of coding... ;-)

Regards,
Mark