[Phpgroupware-developers] grant access for categories

From: Wired Tri
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] grant access for categories
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 20:00:19 -0800 (PST)

Ok, I think I've got a better grasp on things now,
having realized that there are global categories and
user-created app-specific categories.

I have a new problem/suggestion.

I have these groups:
ClientA (account_id=5)
ClientB (account_id=6)

I have these categories
Contract101 (this is a contract for ClientA)
Contract102 (this is a contract for ClientA)
Contract103 (this is a contract for ClientB)

I want to grant access such that ClientA can see
categories Contract101 and Contract102, but NOT see
category Contract103.

It doesn't seem that this can be accomplished under
the current ACL implementation. Currently, I can only
grant access to a group (ClientA) for ALL of my TTS
categories, which ends up creating the following db
entry:
acl_appname='TTS'
acl_location=5 (this is ClientA's account_id)
acl_account=4 (this is me, account_id)
acl_rights=1

(btw, this seems backwards to me. Every other ACL db
entry I've seen implies that 'acl_account' gets access
to 'acl_location'.... but the case I listed above
implies 'acl_location' gets access to 'acl_account')

I think it would be better if you could do something
like:
acl_appname='phpgw_category'
acl_location=(some category_id)
acl_account=(account id of user/group to be given
access)
acl_rights=1

This would allow more control over what users or
groups get access to which categories.

What do you think?