Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Should and Shall in standards

Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Should and Shall in standards
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 04:02:31 +0000

As someone who needs to code to established, RFC track standards (for email), I
know
full well what MUST, MUST NOT, SHOULD, SHOULD NOT, and such, mean. RFC documents
frequently define these terms in the early paragraphs of the document, even
though
the terms are used the same way in, it seems, every RFC document I have ever
read.

There would be standards chaos if it were otherwise. I don't find your use of
such
terms to be in line with the prevailing conventions. I agree with msr. Cohill.