Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Snapshot with png icon buttons

From: Peter
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Snapshot with png icon buttons
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 11:45:38 +1100

I like the self portrait second from the bottom. :-)

The results look reasonable. Some of the grey symbols fade against the grey
background so would need more
contrast and colour. With those minor changes, the solution would work well.

Would the original components be available so someone can create a different
style? If I want a blue theme, could I get
the background button image, change it to blue, then overlay the symbol? I know
how to do that with PaintShop pro and
assume Gimp has a similar facility to store layered images. Part of the
distribution could be the image components or a
Gimp file ready for modification. I think Gimp uses PNG and PNG allows for
layered images but I do not know how it
works. The layers could be the background colour, the button shading, then the
final image. Anyone could change the
background colour to suit their theme.

Peter