Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Palm conduit for addbook

From: Dr. Michael Meskes
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Palm conduit for addbook
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 09:07:06 +0200

On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 02:23:20PM -0400, Brian Johnson wrote:
> Yeah - I've got a conduit working for the addressbook but I need to get one
> working for Heiko's addbook

Me too. :-)

Yes, I know I still haven't tried the other conduits, but I will for
sure as soon as someone is available to do the installation.

> I think Heiko's addbook is the future of phpgw - it looks like it's much
> closer to implementation than the cdb module - and we will be abandoning the
> regular addressbook when I get the Palm syncing to it (in fact we're still
> using MS Outlook because why switch to an unsuitable alternative and then
> switch again)

There are a few places where addressbook is referred to regardless
whether addbook is installed or not. Therefore I wonder if it would be a
good idea to create a view that uses addbook to resemble the old
addressbook. But then this won't work with mysql for obvious reasons.

Michael

P.S.: Heiko's having his exams today. So don't wonder why he doesn't
answer. :-)
--
Michael Meskes
address@hidden