Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] posting files via CVS

From: Alex Borges
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] posting files via CVS
Date: 19 Aug 2002 10:45:14 -0500

El lun, 19-08-2002 a las 09:38, Brian Johnson escribió:
> Could someone give me a quick howto on CVS?
>
> I want to post some module changes that I made to the Tietrack module (the
> module
> developer asked me to post them directly) and the howto's at savannah left me
> confused
>
> Do I need to check it out before I can add to it?
You mean you want to distribute your changes.... use the patch manager
in savanah...

The way is simple. You get the cvs sources as stated in the savanah
page, remember to get the latest branch (as per cvs co -r
Version-0_9_14-branch if your changes are to stable, or HEAD if your
changes are to the development, unstable branch).

You will get a local copy. You make your changes to this local copy and,
when you are finished, you can do cvs diff  -r Version-0_9_14-branch
(again, change the branch name acordingly) and save the resulting file
to a .patch file. This can be used by devels to patch their stuff, test,
then commit to the real project if they choose to do so.

Alex