[Phpgroupware-developers] Date problem with calendar

From: Michael Meskes
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Date problem with calendar
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 10:54:28 +0200

Hi,

I have a strange problem with the calendar date on one of my
installations. It always insists that we have January 1st, 1970. Once I
change the view inside the calendar app everything is fine again, but
leaving calendar and going back in brings me back to 1970.

To make matters more confusing, this installation is a copy from another
server, where everything runs fine. And yes, I copied the whole
phpgroupware tree and the whole database. Of course there has to be a
difference somewhere.

I digged into the sources and found the reason I think.
$GLOBALS['phpgw_info']['server']['tz_offset'] is set to a very high
value almost 300000. Once I set this to zero (or whatever reasonable
value) it works nicely. To dig any further I need to know where
$GLOBALS['phpgw_info']['server']['tz_offset'] gets its info from, but I
couldn't find that. I traced through datetime::datetime but it appears
the first time this function is called
$GLOBALS['phpgw_info']['server']['tz_offset'] is already set.

Anyone out there with an idea what's going wrong?

Thanks a lot.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes