Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Date problem with calendar

From: Stephan Cremer
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Date problem with calendar
Date: 21 Aug 2002 08:30:26 +0200

/* $Id: class.datetime.inc.php,v 1.5.2.7 2002/08/12 22:50:30 skeeter Exp
$ */

in function datetime, the member variable $this->users_localtime is
calculated as the difference between $this->gmtnow and $this->tz_offset

* if $GLOBALS['phpgw_info']['server']['tz_offset'] is set,
  $this->gmtnow is set to result of time() minus the this offset

* if the offset is not set, function $this->gmtnow is set to the result
  of $this->getbestguess()

Now function $this->getbestguess returns the difference between

$this->convert_rfc_to_epoch(gmdate('D, d M Y H:i:s',$server_time).'
GMT') and time()

The result - at least in my case - is equal to the offset between GMT
and the time zone where I am located at.

=> Whereas function datetime will set users_localtime correct if a time
server is specified, this variable will be set to the timezone offset if
not - i.e. getbestguess() is called...

Best Regards,
Stephan.