[Phpgroupware-developers] two simple bugfixes (NI auto_add user and Uns

From: Stefan Heimers
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] two simple bugfixes (NI auto_add user and Unsupported operand types in addressbook)
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 11:45:48 +0200

I posted two bug fixes to the bug tracking system, but it seems it takes a long time until they get assigned and fixed there. Can someone please check these and commit them to cvs? It should not take more than ten minutes and fixes some very annoying bugs.

auto_add problem (With NIS on our system, others seem to have the same problem with email-auth): Database error: Invalid SQL: SELECT account_type FROM phpgw_accounts WHERE account_id=

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=800&group_id=509

The same might also fix the following bug:
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=1038&group_id=509

Error "unsupported operand types" in addressbook
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=1049&group_id=509

Adding quotes around variables that might be empty solves this problem.

Example:

$bla = $laber + $fasel + $suelz

If $fasel is empty php sees this:

$bla = $laber +  + $suelz

and the two '+' don't make any sense.

If you add quotes like this:

$bla = "$laber" + "$fasel" + "$suelz"

there will be an empty string "" between the two + signs and everything works fine.

Hope that helps,

Stefan Heimers