Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] WCM and wcm-outdated

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] WCM and wcm-outdated
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 08:48:25 -0700

OOPS!!
I did not know anyone was working on it. I should have looked at the cvs history.

A month or so ago Patrick Walsh needed a project to do for a course he was taking. Since I hadnt seen anything going on with the website I mentioned that as an option. I told them that if it could meet our requirements that I would use it for phpgroupware.org.

ceb is the one that made the suggestion of having it replace the existing wcm in cvs. I should have checked the history first, and I apologize for that mistake.

I am going to get my shell access back so I can fix cvs in the debian dir mess. I dont think I can correct my deletes, but if we delete what I added and then re-add your files I think it should be OK.

I will add the new content manager as websitemgr

Dan

Miles Lott wrote:
Umm, excuse me.  The wcm app is still being developed.  I took
the name, which was offered by me to Jehreg when he was importing
some other website app.  He dropped that project, so I took the
name when I started a brand new application last fall.  The app
is working and being used by my company.

The plan was to use it on phpgroupware.org, which was why I started
writing it in the first place.  I base this on discussions with
jengo and ceb last December.

Now I see a that there is a new application in cvs that is replacing
mine.  As a core developer with over 18 months' experience on the
project, I sure expected to hear about this notion well before it
happened.

Did anyone bother to check the cvs activity or the authors file?
When was the vote?

I am sure the new application is fine.  I really don't care if
there is another app doing similar functions.   My wcm probably
has a more limited scope than this new one.  Not the point.