Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Handling different classes by the same nam

From: Ralf Becker
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Handling different classes by the same name
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 09:56:45 +0200

Hi Jim,

i would say yes an no!

Jim Foster schrieb:
Seeking an experienced voice:
I have a package that I wish to integrate within the phpGroupWare environment. Natively, it uses the PEAR database abstraction library. Are there any php OO gurus out there who can tell me if it is feasible to have both a phpGW class db as well as a PEAR class DB simultaneously?

You can if they are in different apps inc-dirs.

B U T, if you call CreateObject('app.class') phpGw loades the class only once and saves it in the $GLOBALS['phpgw'] Object under the class-name only. Therefor if you call CreateObject('yourapp.DB') and other standard-classe already loaded 'phpgwapi.db' you will get the phpgwapi version, if you load your class in the phpgw-style with CreateObject.

Or is this a something that can be done, yes, but would require so much work as to quickly reach a point of diminishing returns?

I think that could easyly be changed in the phpgw api, but it need to be change before!!!

Ralf
Ralf Becker
OUTDOOR UNLIMITED Training GmbH                Telefon 0631 / 31657-0
Leibnizstraße 17                               Telefax 0631 / 31657-26
D-67663 Kaiserslautern            EMail address@hidden