Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Handling different classes by the same nam

From: Ryan Waldron
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Handling different classes by the same name
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 16:35:32 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 2 Sep 2002, Jim Foster wrote:

> Seeking an experienced voice:
>
> I have a package that I wish to integrate within the phpGroupWare environment.
>
> Natively, it uses the PEAR database abstraction library.
>
> Are there any php OO gurus out there who can tell me if it is feasible to
> have both a phpGW
>
>     class db
>
> as well as a PEAR
>
>     class DB
>
> simultaneously?
>
> Or is this a something that can be done, yes, but would require so much work
> as to quickly reach a point of diminishing returns?

Not in the same scope; class names are not case-sensitive, at least
not in class definitions.

Unfortunately, I don't know how workable it is to try to manage scope
exposure for one or the other, but I'm thinking the answer is "not
much".

--
Ryan Waldron    |||   http://www.erebor.com    |||    address@hidden

"The web goes ever, ever on, down from the site where it began..."