Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] S/MIME and PGP

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] S/MIME and PGP
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 13:05:50 -0700

The biggest problem with this is that users *private* keys have to be kept on the server. This is considered to be less than ideal.

This can still be fairly secure because the key would get encrypted into his/hers preferences array by encryption is being used by the admin for phpGW. Plus one would only want to do this over SSL (https).

This should all work OK, but I am not sure who has time to do it right now.

Chris Weiss wrote:
I know Angles looked into this some, but chose to work on toher things.  you
can contact him through anglemail.com

Paolo Andreetto (address@hidden) wrote*:

Hi

We've got to customize the groupware including complete support for S/MIME
and PGP.
That means, at least for S/MIME (my task), certificate management according
to PKI and modification of email (or felamimail) for signing and
encrypting emails.

Is there any kind of support or project dealing with this task?

Thanks