Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] S/MIME and PGP

From: Paolo Andreetto
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] S/MIME and PGP
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 09:47:53 +0200

Del wrote:

Yes, my organisation is in the process of porting our S/MIME and PGP
support to Anglemail.

Sounds good! Why Anglemail and not felamimail or other project?

We have it working with HORDE/IMP, and have the basic object classes,
etc, ported across to anglemail.  It's just a matter of tidying it up
and getting it incorporated into the core.

Our project is just at the beginning: a module for viewing certificate data,
no integration with email-client.
Is it possible to share code?

Certificate management for S/MIME is the tricky bit.  We're doing
it via LDAP.  In other words, an S/MIME implementation of Anglemail
will require an LDAP server.

LDAP is the best solution for certificate handling, but what about private keys? I also think that keeping the keys on server, for example into database, is a bad
solution but I cannot find a better one.

Keep in touch
--
Paolo
http://www.prosa.it