Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] AxisGroupware.Org Community Portal

From: Adam Hull
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] AxisGroupware.Org Community Portal
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 15:30:54 +0000

Thanks for the input, but this is all documented at docs.axisgroupware.org
which stores all the README files that come with the apps as well as loads of
other goodies. Once the actual Axis distribution is finished though, setup
will be a breeze. But, of course now, these apps are ports. They are not for
everyone. Right now they do take a little work, but the advantages are
obvious. MySQL support does come first, naturally because it is the most
popular and easy to use. But, most of the apps will eventually use phpgw db
abstraction. As for cookie-based sessions. This stems from phpgw's poor
documentation. I believe it was you who pointed out to me how I must use
$GLOBALS['phpgw']->link correctly. It is simply a matter of taking the time to
go through all the apps and correct this. I am sorry you are disappointed in
the apps but, stay tuned, there is more to come.

-Adam