Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] code comments...

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] code comments...
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 16:18:01 +0000

Bradley W. Langhorst (address@hidden) wrote*:

>I understand that comments have to parsed by the webserver and thus slow
>things down a bit...

very slight bit, I doubt most ppl would notice.

>Is that the only reason that there are so few comments in this code?

nope.  More a lack of time and some a lack of knowing if the function will
remain.
Also the naming standards makes a lot of the code self documenting.

>If I start commenting the stuff I'm figuring out are you guys going to
>accept those patches?

most likely they will be accepted.

>If it is really a problem to have the comments I could write a little
>comment chopping script that an admin could run when a machine goes into
>production...

good idea.  In a really high load environment it just might make a enough of a
difference.