Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpWebHosting (DAV)

From: Bob Crandell
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpWebHosting (DAV)
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 15:29:50 +0000

Hi,

There doesn't need to be anything stored in the database except maybe user's
permissions.  It's just a directory with files and other directories.  That
directory could also be a Samba share.  A user in the office copies a file to
that
directory using Windoze Exploder.  A person outside the office copies that file
using phpWebHosting and maybe that person has a file they want to contribute so
he/she copies it in using phpWebHosting.  The person in the office can then open
that file with Wordperfect, directly, without having to copy it out.  Kind of
like
document management in Groupwise, simplified.
The security would come from what phpWebHosting imposes and from where the
directory is.
DAV could talk to it too.

Thanks