Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpWebHosting (DAV)

From: Jonathon Sim
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpWebHosting (DAV)
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 17:24:34 +1300

On Friday 22 Nov 2002 4:22 pm, Bob Crandell wrote:
> The web browser is unknown.  I imagine it's IE 5.x, Mozilla or Netscape.
>
> Thanks for the info.  I'm going to be taking a closer look at it soon.

If you dont know the client environment then probably you should go with the
web interface.  DAV is nice because (in principle) it lets your users mount
the repository and use it like an ordinary network filesystem (which is MUCH
more convenient.  But if you tell ordinary people "Just mount it as a web
folder", you will probably just get a blank look :)

NB: Just looking at the code, I am no longer entirely sure that simply sharing
the groupware filemanager's home directory is at all a good idea.  It may not
even work at all (more than just metadata is stored in the database).