Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] My recent ACL implementation is probably d

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] My recent ACL implementation is probably dead
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 12:47:01 -0800

Alex Borges (lex) wrote:
1) I can re-work my new ACL a little bit so that it will basicly follow the rules of XACML in terms of how it decides if a user has rights. We can use this ACL as an internal/default implementation. Then I can write a XACML client which would be a drop in replacement to our ACL like we have for accounts and auth. So then our users can have the choice of setting up a XACML server and then having phpGW pull from that.

This sound the most comprehensive taking into account current timeline
limitations.

Yeah, Im going thru the rules.
btw this also covers auth, so there will probably have to be a class.auth_xacml.inc.php to go with the class.acl_xacml.inc.php

2) Implement XACML in PHP, then use that.

Well... let zend do that.... bet therell be a pear module soon though

Not sure yet. I have been looking, but it appears that I will end up having to get a team together to start the PEAR module myself.