Re: RE: [phpgroupware-developers] probusiness introduction

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: RE: [phpgroupware-developers] probusiness introduction
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 09:40:14 +1000

Kai Dupke <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Kai,

> > That would be nice, and it would be good if they could drop in at
> > #phpgroupware on irc.freenode.net too.
>
> I'm within the probusiness AG responsible for the Linux team and
> also for
> security issues.
>
> I'll introduce me as part of the Linux team later. At this time I
> will give
> you an (short) answer to the irc issue.
>
> As we have a really restricted firewall and security policy we
> will not open
> our desktops to an irc system. This is because the security
> problems coming
> up with irc (of course most times with the users and tools ,-).

As Chris and myself have indicated - this is probably a non issue
regarding freenode.net.

> For this I would prefer to send out one mail with a profile for
> all people
> involved in this project or a mail per person, what ever is preferred.

I fail to see why we need profiles of all of your developers.
Participation is what we seek from our developers not CVs, we judge
people by their results within the project, not where they were born,
degrees obtained and previous work experience.  We get to know people
through IRC, the lists, their use of savannah.  If you feel strongly
enough you can post one message profiling all of your crew, but this is
unlikely to receive much of a response.

Don't get me wrong, we want you to participate in the project.  But we
are busy people and so generally don't read CVs or long posts about
people's previous experience.  We are a community which people are
involved in not a company trying to hire new devs.