Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] probusiness project - general overview

From: Lars Kneschke(priv.)
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] probusiness project - general overview
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 16:23:27 +0000

Kai Hofmann <address@hidden> schrieb:
>In the following text I will describe our project todos/plans as
>we discussed them on our kickoff meeting.
>This is only an information to let you know what we are planning.
>More detailed concepts will follow later!
>

>1. Usability
>The usability for customers who want to migrate should be simple
>and in an M$ Outlook style.
Some people don't like that, but that can be done, using a theme. So you are
free to do what you like.

>2. Database
>We would like to make phpGroupware work on an enterprise database
>system.
>The SAP-DB (http://www.sapdb.org/) is the one of our choice, because
>its
>a free OpenSource database on which enterprise applications are
>running.
>The best way to do this is using the php pear framework we think.
>Also we are interesting in transfering the phpGroupware database model
>into
>a real relational one so that the different modules could better
>interact
>with each other.
PEAR has some missing features. We would like to migrate to adodb. PEAR is
only the little brother of adodb, when you compare the faetures.

>3. LDAP
>Related to LDAP we are interested in improving the interaction of
>the
>courier with phpgw. Another point is integrating the LDAP usage for
>account information and the addressbook. Here it should be possible
>create/edit email accounts via LDAP.
>Adding our pb.WebMAUI as a phpGroupware module is another step on our
>list
>to improve administration.
Some other did already say something about this.

>4.2. Document management
>Document management is of general interest to commercial users. So we
>need
>to find a solution that fits many needs. We have still to specify more
>on
>this point. Until now there are things on our list like multi-file
>up-/download
>maybe in a shopping cart style including zip support.
Nice to see.

>8. PDA Synchronisation
>We are interesting to contribute to the actual work. Especially we
>are
>searching for
>solutions besinde PALM. In the commercial area it would be nice to
>synchronize with
>Windows CE, Psion (EPOC) (possible with www.symbian.com), The famous
>Sharp
>Zaurus
>(www.zaurus.com) as well as SyncML devices.
This is very much asked feature.

>9. Data migration
>Last but not least we are interested in migrating data from existing
>systems
>like an
>exchange server. We know about the HAMOA solution and will give it a
>try as
>soon as possible.

Nice to hear from you. Much luck here! ;)

Cu