[Phpgroupware-developers] integration of admin-addressbook-calendar-HR

From: Jonathan Rivera
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] integration of admin-addressbook-calendar-HR
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 23:51:25 -0500 (CDT)

Hello guys,

talking with lex, i have been thought that we can have a good system of
handling of users, who allows us to integrate the users of the system to
addressbook and that also it allows us to use those same contacts in
calendar.

For example, it would be very useful to be able to say in calendar,
invites to this event to the members of this group and that included all
the members or can to do that same one in the mail,

I believe that if we modified a little the API of PHPGW this would
facilitate much the things.

What I have thought to do is:

1.Add a new field to the table of addressbook

- account_id: would be the same of phpgw_accounts, in order to  be able
to relate the contact information to its user of the    system, you go of
phpgw_addressbook would continue being the key  in that used table and
this would be one for when a contact is         not a user of the system.

2.Add a new table with two fields,

- id: would be the same of phpgw_accounts
- id_addbook_entry: would be the same of phpgw_addressbook this table
would use it to be able to define and to personalize who I want that
they appear like my contacts, and of being able to relate easily
when it wants to use the groups.

3.Modify the code so that it is possible to have this integration, this
would imply to modify the API, so that all this works in calendar,
addressbook and the module of admin that it registers to the system
users.

4.Modify the part of addressbook, i could implement the suggestions that
are in wiki on separating the table of phpgw_addressbook.

The advantages that I see are that really we would have a system of
users and contacts, and the HR application would be only a front end of
these tables.

I think also to make the support for LDAP, but in this moment i only think
on the database module, any suggestion are welcome.

comments??

jarg.