Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Philipp Kamps

From: Alex (LEX) Borges
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Philipp Kamps
Date: 13 Jun 2003 10:57:24 -0500

El vie, 13 de 06 de 2003 a las 08:20, Philipp Kamps escribió:
> Hi,
>
> my name is Philipp Kamps and I started working
> for probusiness at 16 April. As a software
> developer I am involved to the phpGroupWare as
> well. In my studies at a German university I
> worked a lot with LDAP and web applications.
> For my diploma thesis I developed a web front-end
> for LDAP (http://ldapted.sourceforge.net).
>
> I hope I can share my skills with the
> phpGroupWare community and I would be happy to
> become a part of it.
>
> Additionally I want to share an add-on we are
> developing for the phpGroupWare. The corresponding
> concept paper can be found at:
> http://www.probusiness.de/projekte/phpgroupware/folders.html
> This document describes the use of folders, called
> "Categories" in phpGroupware, and the feasible
> customization. The folders are organized and could
> be represented in a tree structure. In scope is a
> visualisation of this tree structure. It allows an
> alternative navigation to the list of applications
> and a direct administration of the folders.

DAMN THAT IS COOL!

> To get an idea of this add-on we uploaded a screen-
> shot to our web server:
> http://www.probusiness.de/projekte/phpgroupware/pics/folders.png

ITS COOL I SAY!

> Best regards,

Okay, COOL.... it really is an incredibly great idea. Beautifuly put and
thought. I love it.

Anyhow, since youre so ldap saavy, another place where we are needing
help is in the addressbook.

Ralph Becker, Dave Hall, Lars Knechke (wi can never get the name right),
Jarg, me.... we want the addressbook to be a cool base for a CRM. This
means to have a good addressbook with organizational separation, where
sets of contacts can belong to a particular organization. Also, user
accounts should be identified by an entry in the addressbook (as is in
all groupware implementations i know about), and this all should work in
both Database and LDAP backends.... i think weve pretty much agreed what
the database backend will look like, now we need to determine whats the
best way to do this with LDAP.... pitch in if youre interested.

I love the tree idea, it will take some work with the category
implementation we have i think, since the subcategories are not really
that well supported on all the front ends (say, the addressbook)....

NeHow, cool to see youre work.