Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] integration addbook-accounts

From: Brian Johnson
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] integration addbook-accounts
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 19:17:09 +0000

Jonathan Rivera (address@hidden) wrote:

>Brian Johnson said:
>> Response is brief due to time constraints:
>>

>> Jonathan Rivera (address@hidden) wrote:
>>>
>>>Hi guys,
>>>
>>>i send the db diagram which skwashd and i discussed, here an
>>> explanation.
>>>
>>>This based on the dcl schema, as you can see the tables are the same,
>>> but we add 4 tables (contacts_comm, contacts_comm_descr,
>>> contacts_comm_type, contact_types) for managment of others
>>> communications medias.
>>
>> Could you explain this more please?
>>

>ok, i explanin on skwashd words:
>
>contacts comm stores all communication info (except snail mail)
>then it has a descr_id field which is linked to a type
>so then we can have the contacts class handling sending to those
>via a send method ... which uses other classes
>ie ... jabber ... sms etc
>oh and of couse email

I'll try to find out what this is intended to do from skwashd.  He may not have
known about the other tables that hold phone numbers, email addresses, notes,
and urls

>>>In this picture
>>> (http://co.com.mx/~jarg/integration_addbook_accounts.jpg) you can see
>>> the db diagram.
>>
>> What's an org_alias?
>>
>> phpgw_org_contact should have a sequential index (an "id" field) in
>> order to allow n -to-n links between orgs and contacts (individuals)
>
>in the mdean model this is a composed key, but if you consider is better
>have a secuential index i don't see any problem.

I don't know if phpgw supports combined field keys, I haven't seen them in
other apps

>> None of the "type" tables are diagramed and should be
>
>yes i forget draw this, but i already consider this.
>

>> Don't forget categories for both contacts and orgs
>
>oh, yes, i will draw this on next diagram

follow the phpgw style of category linking.  Each record gets a string field
that
contains a cat_id number or a comma delimited list of cat_id numbers if multiple
categories are assigned (addressbook currently does this)

>> mdean and I discussed adding a "others" table and an "others_type" table
>> to pick up methods of contact other than phone, email, etc.  They should
>> be added to the diagram.
>>

>this is not like that skwashd proposed??

I'm talking about two tables just like phpgw_org_note but phpgw_org_other and
phpgw_org_note_types but phpgw_org_other_types

>>>additionaly i explain my idea about control contacts for each user
>>> system:
>>>
>>>phpgw_addbook_entries: this table would be new, and this allow us to
>>> have a relation between one system user and all his contacts in
>>> addressbook.
>>>

>> Could you explain this a bit more?
>>
>> Since you can query phpgw_contact by the created_by field, I assume this
>> is so you can have multiple users own the same contact record.  I don't
>> understand the need for such a system
>>
>> If you do need this, shouldn't it also link to phpgw_org?
>>

>i think use this for something as :
>
>usersystem    contact_id
>1               2
>1               4
>1               9
>1              10
>2               3
>2               7
>2               9
>3               4
>3               5
>3               8
>3              10
>
>so, i think use this for make groups and share contacts between users,
>really i don't know if this is useful, actually i think more about this,
>any commentary or suggestion are welcome.

So you're setting up a system where multiple users can own a contact record.
This
is the part of the whole thing that causes ACL problems.

How do you intend to handle read/write access to other users and groups?