Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] integration addbook-accounts

From: Michael Dean
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] integration addbook-accounts
Date: 23 Jun 2003 19:30:57 -0500

On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 11:46, Brian Johnson wrote:
> What's an org_alias?

It is an alias name for an organization.  It's not for everyone, but I
know we need it at work.

> phpgw_org_contact should have a sequential index (an "id" field) in order to
> allow n
> -to-n links between orgs and contacts (individuals)

I disagree.  A separate ID field does not add any value at all to this
schema.  The pk is compound (org id and contact id) so it allows n-to-n
relationships.

> mdean and I discussed adding a "others" table and an "others_type" table to
> pick up
> methods of contact other than phone, email, etc.  They should be added to the
> diagram.

I think that's what the comm tables are for, but only contacts have
them.  It would be useful to have something similar for orgs.

> >additionaly i explain my idea about control contacts for each user system:
> >
> >phpgw_addbook_entries: this table would be new, and this allow us to have
> >a relation between one system user and all his contacts in addressbook.
> >

> Could you explain this a bit more?

This is the relationship that establishes the owner of the contact
records.

> Since you can query phpgw_contact by the created_by field, I assume this is
> so you
> can have multiple users own the same contact record.  I don't understand the
> need
> for such a system

created by is just a reference as to who created the contact record,
modified is who last updated it.  It's for quick auditing purposes.

Mike