RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpgroupware documentation

From: Brian Johnson
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpgroupware documentation
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 14:07:12 +0000

When can we have a system implemented that will encourage (or even allow) user
participation in developing docs?

I've proposed it before and I'll propose it again:
1. the current wiki at docs.phpgroupware.org for official docs (with
restricted write access to control content)
2. a second wiki with public write access for developing docs that would be
ported to the docs.phpgroupware.org one by hand (occasionally)
3. a system and documentation organization to extract the info from the
official wiki and package it with the cvs source code so that app docs are
included with the apps (but are also available on the web site)
4. potentially some kind of system that pulls info from the wiki for inline
development docs (or vice versa) .. this one is really only of interest to
developers

We could have much better docs but we need more people involved and this is
one easy way to do it.