Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] i++ versus ++i

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] i++ versus ++i
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 20:38:31 +0000

http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/1/fid/40
"echo is marginally faster since it doesn't set a return
value if you really want to get down to the nitty gritty."

I don't see any mention of speed difference in
http://us2.php.net/language.operators.increment.  If there are really found to
be the data should be posted there.  It's quite possible though that will be
no difference.  Where is compiled the temp var is needed, but sine php is
interpreted it's possible that internanly there is a temp var in both cases.