Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] i++ versus ++i

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] i++ versus ++i
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 21:18:40 +0000

So I did a benchmark, 100 iteration of 100,000 increments and averaged them.
The pre-increment is .004 seconds faster on average on P4 2.24Ghz using php
4.3.1 CLI that comes with Mandrake 9.1.

So there's about a 40 nanosecond difference between the two with ++$i being
faster.

http://cw.darktech.org/cw/test.phps

You might also be interested to know that if I didn't preload $i to 100000 in
a loop first it adds .003 seconds to the first loop.