Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Request to CT

From: Brian Johnson
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Request to CT
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 05:21:47 +0000

Dave Hall (address@hidden) wrote:

> Noted, added to the agenda for the next meeting - some comments follow.
>
> Brian Johnson <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > I don't know if there is a procedure for this yet so I am posting
> > here.
> > To the CT team.
> >
> > Please consider this proposal
> >
> > I have repeatedly requested a public write access wiki for use as a
> > documentation development platform with little action resulting.
> >

> There has been action, but it takes time, something which we are short
> on atm.
>

> > I firmly believe that the phpgw docs need to be expanded and
> > edited.  I think
> > that no single person has time to do this.
> >

> Agreed.
>
> > I understand the need to have control over the official documents
> > so have
> > proposed the use of another wiki as a development platform
>
> I am happy for the official docs to be in sitemgr, plain text and PDF
> available from docs.phpgroupware.org, and the wiki as a dev platform.
>

> > In addition, it could act as an impromtu additional source of docs
> > when our
> > main site is unavailable
>
> Not if it is hosted on docs.phpgroupware.org it won't ;)
>

> > I understand that there is limited time available from people so I
> > have now
> > set one up myself
>
> I do not support the use of tikiwiki as a repository for our docs.  We
> should use tavi (which has been ported to phpgw).  I would also like to
> see us use a whole phpgw install for docs.  PDFs and plain text in the
> vfs etc.
>

> > Please consider adopting my site as an official development area
> > until another
> > location can be established and have the phpgroupware.org domain
> > point a
> > subdomain to it.
>
> I do not support the use of a phpgw domain which points to a site which
> does not use phpgw software.  I also have some issues over the accuracy
> of the information which is in the wiki.  I have corrected this and my
> changes were removed.

You may be referring to the home page where you removed:
+!! Downloads are available from phpgroupware.org and from
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=7305 (the tarballs are
also mirrored at http://www.pbdemo.de/phpgwmirror/). Of course, the package is
also available from cvs.
+If you would like to use cvs to upgrade a pre-0.9.16RC3 installation, go to
((Upgrade old savannah CVS tags to new ssh ones)) for instructions
+!! There is an online demo at phpgroupware.org and a second one at
http://de.demos.phpgroupware.org

for some reason while using the user name ralfbecker

or perhaps you mean the edits to the etemplate user page that I moved to the
developer docs which is more suitable place for people thinking of using
etemplate as a development tool (rather than the user page that basically says
you need to have it installed in order to run infolog).

This, you also did under the username ralfbecker