RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Class proposal for HEAD API

From: Kai Hofmann
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Class proposal for HEAD API
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 09:10:17 +0200

> A better calendar dating system is needed to handle events
> like easter (that
> is related to the moon cycle) and here in Canada, Victoria
> day (which is the
> Monday prior to May 25)
>
> There are other examples (not just holidays) where a more
> flexible recurring
> events system would be useful

Thats what my general work on DateLib (TM) is for (not especially for
phpgroupware,
because it is mainly written in C / C++ )
The DateLib (TM) roadmap (which has no milestones or deadline at the moment)
will lead into a complex C++ class set which target it is to results in a
mathematical language to describe all kinds of date/time functionality.
The plan is to use this language then for holiday configuration files etc.

But that is realy far(!) away future.

> If your concept moves in this direction, then IMO it is a
> good thing for calendar.

Thats it, but at the moment there is no flexible date/time language,
so things are hard coded in the calendar_holidays class.

Greetings

   Kai