Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Turkish Language Support Request

From: Guillaume Courtois
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Turkish Language Support Request
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 08:15:34 +0000

Unfortunately I don't have holidays these days ;-)

Serkan, your help on translating phpGW into turkish is very welcome !

To do that, all you have to do is generating the phpgw_tr.lang files from the
phpgw_en.lang files. These files are put into the setup directories of each
module. For example, for the email module, you'll have a
email/setup/phpgw_en.lang file which contains all the phrases in english
(twice), a email/setup/phpgw_fr.lang file with the same phrases in english and
their translation in french, etc ...

The format of the files is
english_phrase    app_code     lang_code    translation

So for example your email/setup/phpgw_tr.lang file will contain
english_phrase     email            tr                     turkish translation

To create these files, you have 2 methods :

- create them by hand by copying phpgw_en.lang into phpgw_tr.lang and edit
them with a text editor
- use the developer_tools module which contains a tool to edit translated
files.

Once your files are created, you can post patches to the project phpGW in
savannah, and I'll add these files into the CVS for other users.

If you don't see the turkish langage in the list of supported langages in
phpGW, you'll have to activate it into the database, in the lang table. I
don't have the command to do right here at work, but if you need it tell me,
I'll send it to you.

If you need more help on any of these points, don't hesitate to ask !

Thanks for your help and good luck in your translation work !