RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Managing changes (was: PHPDocs for head)

From: Kai Hofmann
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Managing changes (was: PHPDocs for head)
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 08:25:41 +0200

Dear Alan,

> May I suggest that these sorts of changes be submitted as patches and
> either mailed to this list or to a "patches" list, where the person
> responsible for a module can accept / edit / reject with
> commentary?

this will not work, because from the past I know, that most developers
need day to weeks (sometimes months) until they review such a thing
and then its mostly to late, because the patch did no longer apply.
Then comes the next request "can you please make a new patch - this one
does not work for me" .... sorry this is a lot of wasted time -
some patches in the past I have done 3-4 times - thats not acceptable,
when I could fix things on the other way in minutes.